January 8, 2011

Rubbish day

It was 8 am and I woke up to the sound of Teresa bustling about, as I often do. Laying in bed just a little longer I decided to head down and join her for a nice cuppa and a good morning chat..... a nice cuppa indeed, a good morning chat.. well.. not so much. After a lovely 6 days off for Teresa it was time to head back to work (in the cold pissing rain) so the usual "waaaa i dont want to go back to work" rant came a flowing, and then BLAST! in a flast she was out the door. As I was just finishing my cup of tea Emmer popped outta her room and was about to head to work aswell when she looked at me and said "is it thursday?" I thought about it for a moment...okay a long time.. and came to the conclusion that yes, indeed.. it was thursday! AND TERESA FORGOT TO PUT THE GARBAGE OUT!(every thursday for as long as I can remember, Teresa takes the garbage out on her way to work) Lucky for Emma's memory - the garbage was put out and all was groovy.

A few minutes later I recieved a text from Teresa saying "rubbish day!" ..... so of course I automatically replied with an optimistic text telling her that it will get better and maybe Paul Henry (her favourite person of all time) will show up at work and ask her to marry him.. or something.. and I went on with my day.

Anyways, nope. Turns out I was wrong. Rubbish day......Every thursday is rubbish day on fernhill.... Teresa wasn't complaining about the day anymore, just a simple reminder for me to put the RUBBISH out... silly me.. you'd think after being here nearly a YEAR I'd have caught up on the kiwi lingo.... next time I guess :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment