August 6, 2010

strep throat is oodles of fun!

Ahoy there! Just spent the past 3 days in bed - with none other than my lovely visitor strep throat. It likes to visit me quite often, usually on surprise. Went to bed just peachy tuesday night, and woke up at 3 am with massive ear ache and a tonsil the size of china. By the morning, it was purple and covered in puss and I was dead to the world! ohhhh the fun! Day two, both tonsils have taken over my entire throat and breathing gets trickier. Also keeping me company was a really awesome fever :) Thankfully I have real sweet friends who bought me ice cream and popsicles, and soup! Still havn't really managed to eat anything solid ... but I feel the drugs slowly kicking in so hopefully I can eat by tomorrow!

Other than that my week was going just fine! Monday Nikki Teresa and I went on an adventure to WANAKA! where we ate lunch, they taught me how to drive manual in a field, Nikki bought tennis rackets for 2$ from wastebusters(wanakas version of the reuseit center!) we discovered a pretty cool campground with a wicked bridge and then went to cromwell for some delicious frozen yogurt! yum! Cromwell, known for the biggest fruits you'll ever encounter! And Seamus made cookies the size of our heads.

I'll throw in some pics for your viewing pleasure, as dad would say.

Good news though, I am no longer contagious!
Hope you are all fabulous, have a lovely weekend :o)


Adventure day

Got up to 2nd gear!
worlds biggest cookie!
Dead Ants at the worlds biggest fruit!


and a nice close up of my tonsils for all of you :o) YUMMM!!

2 comments:

  1. ewww I just puked in my mouth a bit! You should get those things taken out! May I suggest a sharp pair of scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea no dramas, just hanging out on the 3-5 year waiting list! in the mean time i will concider scissors of even a spoon.

    ReplyDelete